Main Menu

Parking on Campus

All vehicles are required to obtain and properly display a parking decal for the current academic year in order to park on the Shepherd University campus.

*Parking in front of Ikenberry Hall is for Admissions patrons only and requires an Admissions issued pass in order to park.

Student Parking

Parking areas on the Shepherd University campus are identified by letter and color coded signage. Parking permits must be purchased from the University Police Department, Moler Hall. Permits are $70 ($35 after January 1st) and last for the entire school year. Valid driver’s license, current vehicle registration, completed application, and payment are to be brought to the Police Department for permit purchase (or via mail prior to August 15)*. Residential students (students who live on campus in a residence hall) will receive a blue decal. Commuter students (students who do not live on campus) will receive a red decal.

Decals are to be affixed to the driver’s side outside back windshield.   Motorcycle decals are to be affixed to the front windshield or front fork facing out.

Previous years decals are to be removed.

If you are unsure of proper placement, please come in to the Shepherd University Police Department and we will be happy to assist.

*To purchase a decal through the mail, send the following to Shepherd University Police Department, PO Box 5000, Shepherdstown, WV  25443 :

**If you have mailed in an application packet for a parking permit and it was incomplete, or arrives after August 15th of the academic year, it will be held at the University Police Department for pick-up upon your return to campus. Please bring ID (Rambler or Driver’s License) when picking up packet.

Student Parking Application

EPTA PanTran Schedule

Faculty/Staff Parking

Faculty and Staff members are required to register their vehicles to receive a hanging decal each academic year which permits parking in specified lots on campus.

As a faculty/staff member, this may be completed via mail prior to August 15th *, via interoffice mail (completed Faculty/Staff application, photocopy of Driver’s License and Registration(s) for vehicle(s)) attention to Karina Barr, or in person.

*To purchase a decal through the mail (USPS), send the following to Shepherd University Police Department, PO Box 5000, Shepherdstown, WV 25443 :

Faculty/Staff Parking Application

Faculty/Staff Visitor Temporary Parking Pass Request Form


Temporary visitor permits are available at the police department for those visiting campus. Visitors will need to bring a valid vehicle registration and driver’s license to the Police Department Parking Services office upon arrival to campus to obtain a pass.  Vehicles must be registered with the University Police in order park on campus and will be permitted to park in H-Lot.

Students who know ahead of time that a visitor is coming to campus may bring a copy  of the visitor’s registration and driver’s license to the University Police Department Parking Services office to receive a temporary pass for the visitor to park in H-Lot.  Acceptable forms of paperwork include a picture (text or email) or photocopy – written text of information will not be accepted.

Campus Parking Map

Parking, Vehicle & Grounds Regulations

Bicycles on Campus

The Shepherd University Police department strongly recommends that you register your bicycle if you wish to bring one on campus. In order to do so, please fill out an application and turn it into the police department to receive a free decal. The bicycle decal is to be affixed on the bike frame facing forward.

Bicycle Application

Wellness Center

Wellness Center parking permit applications and day passes are issued at the Wellness Center. Parking decals are to be hung from the rearview mirror and clearly visible from the road.  Wellness Center community member parking is permitted in G-lot non-faculty spaces.  Please note signage.

Please visit our FAQs page for further questions or call 304-876-5374.

Forms of Payment Accepted at the Shepherd University Police Department Include: Cash, Check or Money Order addressed to Shepherd University, Credit Card, Rambler Card